HOW TO FILL IN ENTRY AND EXIT FORM
Vietnamese visa application form is required of all foreign passengers arriving in Vietnam by air. The form will be handed out to you either on the airplane or when you arrive at a Vietnam airport. After you fill in the form, please return it to the immigration officer who will stamp your passport with a visa on arrival, or give you an entry stamp if you already have a pre-arranged visa. You can also save time by downloading the form and filling it in advance.
Note: The note below On Arrival Form is somewhat out of date these days. Although it indicates that 2 forms are required to be presented, you only need to fill in one form and submit it to Immigration Officers directly at Vietnam airport.
How to fill in this form?
The new entry and exit form (NA1 form) can be filled as follows:
1. Full name: In CAPITAL and match the order shown in your passport. Eg: WALTER ROBERT RUDOLPH
2. Sex: male or female
3. Date of birth: write in DD/MM/YYYY format. Eg: 25, December, 1990
4. Place of birth: Write both city and country name
5. Nationality at birth: Fill in your nationality when you were born
6. Current nationality: Fill in your current nationality as shown in your current passport
7. Religion: Your religion (if any) or “NONE” (if not)
8. Occupation: Leave it blank or fill out your current occupation
9. Employer and business address: may have it filled out or leave it blank
10. Permanent residential address: Your address and phone number in your country
11. Family members: Fill in the relationship, name, sex, date of birth, nationality and permanent residential address of your family member (parents, spouse, children and siblings, if any), even they do not travel with you. This information will not affect on your trip, just for immigration Department’s reference in emergency cases.
12. Passport or international travel document number: Currently, there are three kinds of passport: ordinary passport, diplomatic passport and official passport. And the first kind (ordinary passport) is the most popular. Just choose one suitable kind of passport.
13. Fill in the arrival date of previous entry into Vietnam (if any) or leave it blank
14. Intended date of entry: Fill in your expected arrival date and staying duration in Vietnam (as long as not before the arrival date and after the exit date noted in your Vietnam visa approval letter)
15. Purpose of entry: Entry purpose as specified in your visa approval letter (tourism/ business)
16. Intended temporary residential address in Vietnam (if any): your expected hotel’s address or friend’s, relative’s address
17. Hosting organization/individual in Vietnam (if any): name and address of your hosting organization/individual in Vietnam (if any) or just write N/A
18. Accompanying child(ren) under 14 years old included in your passport (if any): name, sex, date of birth and glue two photos in 4×6 size of accompanying child(ren) under 14 years old included in your passport. If you do not have any or your child(ren) have own passport(s), you can leave it blank
19. Applying for a visa: Select single entry visa or multiple entry visa. Also fill in valid duration of visa as specified in your Vietnam visa approval letter
20. Other requests (if any): any request if any or N/A
“Done at”: Fill in your port of arrival (one of these airports: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Danang or Nha Trang)
“On”: your date of arrival in Vietnam.